A blocker is an object in Candy Crush Saga that prevents a player from reaching candies. They usually take up a square (with the exception of cake bombs, which occupy four squares). Blockers threaten the combination of candies and can be very annoying. There are many different types of blockers introduced throughout the game. Every blocker has unique properties, such as chocolate being able to multiply if not broken in one move, and liquorice swirls being resistant to special candies. Some blockers are easier to remove than others. Blockers cannot be swapped with other candies, with the exception of liquorice swirl and candy bomb blockers.
Blockers are the main obstacles of the board, so you have to clear them. Nearly every level has at least one type of blocker. Levels can have up to five types of blockers, however. The first level to have two different types of blockers is level 25, and the first to have three different types of blockers is level 52.
Sometimes blockers are useful. For example, liquorice swirls, marmalade, and icing can prevent chocolate from spreading, and chocolate can engulf a candy bomb. Marmalade sometimes guards special candies to use to your advantage.
List of blockersEdit
|Blocker Name||First appearance (Reality)||First appearance (Dreamworld)||Unique properties|
|Regular icing||Level 21|| - Level 1|
- Level 3
It is the first blocker to be introduced.
Eliminate them by making adjacent matches!
|Liquorice lock||Level 25||Level 15||
Prevents candies from being moved or destroyed.
May also hold candy bombs and other special forms of candies.
|Chocolate||Level 51||Level 32||Multiplies and replaces an adjacent candy if not broken in a move.|
|Marmalade||Level 70||Level 186||A weaker version of the liquorice lock. Usually protects special candies, but in later levels, the cover up normal candies and even candy bombs.|
|Liquorice swirl||Level 81||Level 81||Cannot be matched, and resistant to special candy powers.|
|Candy bomb (between and )||Level 96||Level 47||Limits the number of available moves, unless cleared.|
|Multilayered icing||Level 111||Level 111||Maximum of five layers. The one-layered version is the easiest blocker to be cleared.|
|Chocolate spawner||Level 156||Level 156||Permanent throughout the level.
Produces chocolate every two moves when there's no chocolates on the board
|Cake bomb||Level 366||Level 366||Occupies 4 tiles. Each tile takes two adjacent matches to remove the slices.
Clears the entire board when all slices are cleared.
|Sugar chest||Level 711||None||Chests are single-tile stationary blockers that cannot be moved. Chests are containers which contain certain locked-up items.|
|Popcorn||Level 414 (due to removal of toffee tornado)
|Level 414||Completely resilient to normal matches. Absorbs special candy powers.
It can only be hit by special candies, and must take three hits to destroy. On the third hit, it turns into a colour bomb.
|Magic mixer||Level 1326||None||It can produce predetermined blockers on the board per three or two moves (if this blocker does not get hit by adjacent match or special candy effect).|
- Ironically, two-layered icing is presented in the initial layout before the sachet. However, a sachet can be seen if a layer is removed from a two-layered icing.
- The most infamous blockers of Candy Crush Saga are: chocolate, chocolate spawners, candy bombs, five-layered icing, five-layered sugar chests, popcorn and magic mixer (formerly known as evil spawner) because of their properties and the difficulty of destroying them.
- Colour bomb + colour bomb combination can strip a layer from or remove all of the blockers except chocolate spawners and sugar chests.
- Three of the blockers won't be introduced in Dreamworld because it has ended in the 45th Dreamworld episode, Dozy Dawn. These are sugar chest, popcorn, and magic mixer. However, popcorn and locked chocolate gets an unofficial introduction due to the removal of the toffee tornado.
- Blockers can sometimes be helpful. Most specifically, when a coconut wheel is set off, and there is a blocker in front of a colour bomb, or another coconut wheel, the blocker will prevent the active wheel from setting off those special candies blocked. However, the special candies under coconut wheel activates on mobile version.
|Candy Crush Saga blockers|