There are various boosters in the game and all of them have different properties. Boosters come with a number of charges. Once you use the booster, one charge is consumed.
When you cursor on the "Play On" icon, an inscription will show up: "Continue playing with the help of these boosters! Click to buy!".
When you cursor on boosters that cannot use in the level, an inscription will show up: "Can't be used in this level!".
Boosters can be unlocked when you reach a certain level which will get you three free boosters of the boosters which are said to be released in that episode. The game board refers to this as "unlocking boosters."
After that, you can buy more boosters if you want to use them.
You can also get free boosters in various ways. You can be awarded boosters by completing usually 10 levels in some games by King.com, and refill your lives. There is one booster that is only available when a Facebook or King.com friend sends you one, namely the +3 moves booster.
As of November 27, 2013, players can obtain free boosters every day from the daily booster wheel.
As of April 22, 2015, some players can obtain free boosters by collecting Sugar Drops on specially marked levels.
Boosters can also be awarded when the player completes the final level in the Dreamworld for the first time.
List of boostersEdit
|Plus 10 sec||Adds 10 extra seconds to the game.|
|Live hints||Gives the player "live hints".|
|Start with colour bomb||Starts the game with a colour bomb.|
|Start at level 2 for higher scores||Starts the game at level two.|
|Start with wrapped next to striped||Starts the game with a wrapped candy next to a striped candy.|
Candy Crush SagaEdit
There are many types of boosters in the game. Some boosters are only available in certain level types.
Note: Boosters shown in bold mean the boosters are available only in Facebook version, not in mobile.
|Booster Name||Levels||In-game Description||Effect||Unlocked||Icon|
|Lollipop Hammer||All||Smash a candy!||Click on a candy (or blockers, except chocolate spawner, ingredients, toffee tornado, sugar chest, and popcorn) to destroy it or even jellies.||Level 7|
|Extra Moves (+5)||All, except Timed Levels||Activate now to get 5 extra moves!||Adds 5 additional moves.||Level 8|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Levels||Add Jelly Fish candies to the candy mix.||Summons 3 jelly fish to eat jellied candies at random. For more effects with jelly fish, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 9|
|Colour Bomb||All||Starts the level with a Color Bomb!||Start with a colour bomb on the screen. For more effects with Colour Bomb, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 13|
|Coconut Wheel||Ingredients Levels||Add Coconut Wheels to the candy mix!||Turns three candies into striped candies. For more effects with Coconut Wheel, see Special Candies (Combinations section).||Level 15|
|Free Switch||All||Switch two candies that don't match! Use now!||Allows you to switch 2 candies that don't match. However, this booster still allows you to switch 2 candies that match.||Level 19|
|Extra Time||Timed Levels||: Start the game with 15 extra seconds play time!|
: You're so close! Add an extra 15 seconds now!
|Gives the player 15 extra seconds on Timed Levels.||: Level 27|
|Striped and Wrapped||All||Start the game with a wrapped and a striped candy!||Start with one striped and one wrapped candy on the screen.||: Level 35|
: Level 34
|Sweet Teeth||All||Gobbles up all the chocolate, licorice, and jelly in its path! Use now!||Eats several candies, liquorice lock blockers, chocolate, liquorice swirls, icing (multilayered icing) and marmalade.||Level 52|
|Bomb Cooler||Levels with visible candy bombs on screen at the beginning of the level||Click to increase the countdown of all visible bombs. It'll keep you alive for longer! Use now!||Adds five extra moves to Candy Bombs. Only available if there are visible Candy Bombs on the board.||Level 97|
|Lucky Candy||Candy Order Levels||Adds Lucky Candy to the candy mix, which will transform into useful candy when removed!||Check-mark balls which yield a special candy (or regular candy, if the level has only regular candy order).||Level 131|
|Bubblegum Troll||Levels with chocolate spawners||Removes all chocolate and stop the chocolate spawners for 5 moves. Use now!||Removes all chocolate and blocks all the chocolate spawners in the game for 5 moves.||Level 156|
|Extra Moves (+3)||All except Timed Levels||Gift from a friend! Start the level with 3 extra moves!||Sent by friends, adds 3 additional moves.||N/A (only by friend on Facebook)|
|Shuffle||None (Discontinued)||Appeared in Beta version||Shuffles the candies like it would when you are unable to make a move. However, this booster has been removed.||Level 43|
|Restore Balance||Dreamworld||Restore Odus the owl's balance to stop him from falling. Odus will keep his power!
Now's your chance to reset the Moon Scale and freeze it for 5 moves! (if Odus falls off the Moon Scale.)
|Only if a player fails a level, they will have the option to buy this booster. Then it will freeze the Moon Scale for 5 moves so no matter what Odus will not fall.||Unlocked at the beginning.|
|Moon Struck||Dreamworld||Release the Moonstruck effect and it removes at least one candy colour for 5 moves!||It will cause a Moon Struck to occur when clicked. It lasts 5 moves.||Level 15 (Dreamworld)|
- Not counting +3 moves and shuffle booster, there are a total of 12 boosters with unlocking levels.
- Many players don't like using boosters as they believe it is a form of cheating and they aren't completing the level honestly, and some may give up on purpose.
- Shuffle booster was unlocked on level 43, but is no longer available for unknown reasons.
- Level 236 is the only known level that forbids the use of the lucky candy, colour bomb, and striped + wrapped boosters at the same time. The fact that it starts with all mystery candies on the board really does defeat the purpose of boosters.
- If you click the booster and there are 0 moves left, it will waste the booster since the "Game Over" screen takes over.
- If you play and unlock boosters on another platform and then connect to Facebook, the boosters will be unlocked the next time you play on Facebook.
- In certain mobile versions, before starting a non-timed level in reality, the boosters will not be visible before entering a level. Instead, after entering a level, the "starter boosters" (Colour Bomb, Striped & Wrapped, etc.) will be shown below. Each time you click a booster, it is added to the board. You can use as many boosters in this fashion, and use more than one of the same boosters (like starting the level with two Colour Bombs). This starter screen ends once you press the "Play" button or make a valid move. If a booster is not available in this level (like level 236), it will not be displayed. Also starting boosters used to be consumed even if no move is done.
- However, this feature disappeared at 2015-05-30.
- On mobile, starter boosters will not be consumed as long as you don't make a move, even if the booster candy is triggered during initial cascades.
|Candy Crush Saga Boosters|