Candies are the main item in Candy Crush Saga. There are regular candies, which come in 6 different colours, and have the same effect. There are special candies, which are created by forming special configurations, and other special candies that appear on later levels but cannot be created. Each one has its own effect.
These make up most of the game. Get at least 3 in a row to turn them into points.
The six different colours and shapes are:
|Extra Time Candy||
Special candies can be combined together to produce special amplified effects. (Note: The video doesn't show combinations with Special Candies - Jelly Fish, Coconut Wheel, and Lucky Candy.)
|Candy A||Candy B||Effects|
|Striped Candy||Striped Candy||Activates a Striped Candy in the direction of the swipe, and a perpendicular Striped Candy on the position at the end of the swipe.|
|Striped Candy||Wrapped Candy||
Becomes a "giant striped candy" and clears 3 rows and 3 columns in a cross formation centred at the end of the swipe.
|Striped Candy||Colour Bomb||Transforms all candies (including special candies as well) of that colour to Striped Candy, then activates them all.|
|Striped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 striped fish, which convert any eaten candy into Striped Candies and activates them.|
|Striped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. It converts three candies to Striped Candies, then reappears, turning another three candies into Striped Candies and activates them.|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||A mass explosion created. Clears 24 candies (5x5 grid) around each Wrapped Candy, In facebook, it also causes all other candies to appear to be pushed back by the blasts.|
|Wrapped Candy||Colour Bomb||Activates the Colour Bomb twice, the second colour selected is the most abundant.|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into Wrapped Candy.|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||Causes the Coconut Wheel to warp around the screen, reappearing on the other side, going in the same direction. Converts a whole row / column of candies into Wrapped Candies.|
|Colour Bomb||Colour Bomb||Clears the entire board of candies. Affects every blocker now except for sugar chests and chocolate spawners.|
|Colour Bomb||Jelly Fish||Creates 3 colour bomb jelly fish, which convert any eaten candy into another jelly fish and activates them.|
|Colour Bomb||Coconut Wheel||Converts a whole row / column of candies into Striped Candy and activates them. This effect is the same with a Coconut Wheel to Coconut Wheel combination.|
|Jelly Fish||Jelly Fish||Nothing happens.|
|Coconut Wheel||Coconut Wheel||Converts the entire row or column to Striped Candy, then does it again after they all have been activated. The Striped Candy always face the opposite way.|
|Jelly Fish||Coconut Wheel||Nothing happens.|
- Green, blue, and orange candies are the only candies to never be left out of a level. As it may seem like Blue lollipop heads also appear in every level, they were formerly left out in level 289 on mobile.
- Green candies are the only candies to have never been left out in all of Candy Crush history.
- Red candies used to appear in every level in iOS and Android. The same went for Yellow candies, except that they didn't appear in 3-colour levels like Level 31.
- All 5 colour levels exclude yellow candies. The old mobile version usually excluded purple candies instead.
- All 4 colour levels exclude yellow and red candies. The old mobile version usually excluded purple and orange candies instead.
- Only 5 levels have less than 4 candy colours. Levels 31, 587, 621, 1020, and 1108 are the only levels with 3 colours so far.
- In Glazed Grove, Tiffi feeds Freddie up with some red candies.
- In Nocturnal Nuisance, Tiffi uses another red candy to play with Freddie.
- A blue candy appears in Marmalade Meadow and is responsible for clogging the Bumble Bee's harvesting equipment.
- The face of the sunflower in the after story of the 56th episode, Candy Calaboose is replaced by a purple candy. (After character of this episode has been changed to Benny instead of Mr. Raccoon)