Inactive users with specific rights will have their rights removed.
An inactive user is one who has
Actions on specific user rights are(actions related to editing are excluded):
- Chat moderator: Banning someone from chat (If the chat moderator is active on chat, it is not considered as inactivity because of the chat activity)
- Discussions moderator: Chat moderator's action, deleting a comment, removing a forum thread
- Content moderator: Protecting or deleting a page, moving pages or files
- Administrator: Discussions moderator's action, content moderator's action, blocking a user, granting someone chat/discussions moderator rights, etc.
- Bureaucrat: Administrator's action(if administrator rights is given), granting someone rollback, content moderator, administrator rights, etc.
However, if a user places a message on his/her message wall stating that he/she will be away for a period and giving an intended return date, then no action should be taken over inactivity until one month after that date.
There will also be a demoting process.
Demoting process as a result of inactivity
- A notice must be placed on the inactive user's message wall linking to the inactivity policy (which will be created soon) and why his/her user rights will be removed.
- If the user does not respond to the notice within 30 days, the user rights will be removed.
- If the user responds to the notice but fails to meet the criteria above within the following 6 months, his/her user rights will be removed without any further notice.
- ↑ 3 months are calculated based on last contribution date. For example, if the user made last contribution as January 1, 2016, then the user is demoted if he/she doesn't make any edit until April 1, 2016.
- ↑ 3 months are calculated based on the date that last action is processed according to the user log.