Gold (also known as Gold Bars) is the premium currency in Candy Crush Saga.
It was introduced on September 19, 2013 with the release of the 33rd episode, Cherry Chateau. Gold was tested during spring and summer of 2013, before being added massively to many accounts, although not all accounts have gold bars.
On September 24, 2013, the game gave away 30 gold bars for free. In some events, you can earn gold bars from challenges. Gold bars can also be won as prizes, via the Sugar Drop Feature.
When you cursor on the icon, an inscription will show up: "Buy Gold Bars for your saga journey!".
List of items that use gold barsEdit
|Lives||Buy a full set of lives|
Warning: This is not recommended.
|Tickets to unlock the next episode||Unlock the next episode directly without asking friends or waiting for help.||9|
|Tickets to unlock the next episode (when players added 1 friend)||(see above)||6|
|Tickets to unlock the next episode (when players added 2 friends)||(see above)||3|
|5 Extra Moves||Add 5 extra moves!||9|
|Lollipop Hammer||Smash a candy!||x3: 19|
|Free Switch||Switch two candies that don't match!||x3: 29|
|Bomb Cooler||Add 5 to the countdown of all bombs!||x3: 19|
|Sweet Teeth||(add description)||x3: 79|
|Bubblegum Troll||Stops spawning chocolate for 5 moves!||x3: 39|
|Lucky Candy||Transform into useful candy when removed!||x3: 19|
|Striped and Wrapped||Start the game with Striped & Wrapped Candy!||x3: 19|
|Jelly Fish||Adds Jelly Fish to the candy mix, which removes three pieces of jelly!||x3: 19|
|Coconut Wheel||Add Coconut Wheels to the candy mix!||x3: 39|
|Extra Time||Start the game with 15 extra seconds!||x3: 29|
|Shuffle (removed)||Shuffle things up!||3|
|Moon Struck||Release the Moon Struck to remove at least 1 candy color for 5 moves.||x3: 69|
|Restore Balance||Restore Odus the owl's balance to stop him from falling.||9|
|5 Extra Moves + Striped & Wrapped Candy||5 extra moves and a striped + wrapped candy to help you finish the remaining objectives!||13|
|Bombalicious Fishes||6 Color Bombs and Lollipop Hammers||53|
|Lollipop Hammers||6 Free Switches and Lollipop Hammers||85|
Owing to the rarity of Gold Bars outside of real-money purchases, they should be used sparingly as almost all levels and episodes can be completed without the use of purchased tickets and boosters. Additionally, tickets can be obtained by either playing Mystery Quests or simply waiting, where as boosters can be obtained through the Booster Wheel, Sugar Drops, or Events.
Note: Never, EVER buy Extra Lives under any circumstances. This is considered completely wasteful, as Lives itself has zero tactical value or worth, and they can easily be obtained through other methods.
These items can only be obtained by using Gold besides rare offers and getting them initially.
- Extra Moves (5)
- Bomb Cooler (5)
- Sweet Teeth (Web only)
- Bubblegum Troll (Web only)
- Extra Time (both platforms, all varieties)
- Moon Struck
- Failure boosters
- Restore Balance
- Extra Time
- Striped Candy
- All higher levels of Extra Moves, Extra Time, and Bomb Cooler boosters
- The player receives 50 gold bars at the end of Candy Town, before 2014 a players receives 10.
- There was previously no other possible way to obtain gold bars other than the first 50, Facebook, in-app purchase, or through hacking. However, now there are some ways to earn gold bars for free without hacking. The first way is completing challenge (collect red or green candies, see the gallery below), and the second is playing sugar drop mode. The third way is to synchronize the progress when downloading/starting the game first time on another platform (PC or mobile), which gives another 50 gold bars.
- Occasionally, if a player buys something with gold, he/she may get infinite lives for two hours.
- The Secondary Wheel has been removed so players cannot earn Gold Bars from that.