New levels are released every week
There are more than 2000 levels in Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga currently holds a whopping 3665 levels in 245 episodes on HTML5 version (60 more levels on Windows 10 App version). Flash version, on the other hand, has 2825 levels and 189 episodes. Every episode has 15 levels except for episode one (Candy Town) and episode two (Candy Factory) which only has 10.
New levels are usually being released every week(at a rate of 15 per week or 2.143 per day), mostly on Wednesday. Sometimes two or more episodes are released at the same time or no episode is released at that time.
There were 665 levels in 45 episodes in Dreamworld, which every episode also has 15 levels except for episode one (Sleepy Slopes) and episode two (Funky Factory) which only has 10, but Dreamworld was entirely removed from the game.
In Candy Crush Saga, there are five different types of level:
- Moves - get a certain amount of points in a certain amount of moves.
- Jelly - clear all the jelly on the board.
- Ingredients - bring all the ingredients down to the bottom of the board.
Timed - get a certain amount of points within the time limit.(removed)
- Candy Order - crush the amount of candies given on the dashboard in a certain amount of moves.
- Mixed Mode - a mix between two or more level types.
On HTML5 version, Jelly levels are the most frequent, making up 35.88% of the levels, whereas moves levels are the rarest.
|Level type||First appearance||Latest appearance||Appearances|
|Moves||Level 1||Level 2820||267 (9.45%)|
|Jelly||Level 6||Level 2823||1088 (38.51%)|
|Ingredients||Level 11||Level 2818||604 (21.38%)|
|Candy Order||Level 126||Level 2825||651 (23.04%)|
|Mixed Mode||Level 1688||Level 2824||215 (7.61%)|
|Moves||Level 1||291 (7.94%)|
|Jelly||Level 6||1315 (35.88%)|
|Ingredients||Level 11||736 (20.08%)|
|Candy Order||Level 126||845 (23.06%)|
|Mixed Mode||Level 1688||356 (9.71%)|
The different level types bring different Sugar Crush effects at the end.
- Moves: there is no real Sugar Crush effect here, except inactivated special candies being activated.
- Jelly: for every move remaining, three jelly fish come on the screen and start eating the candies at random, giving you more points.
- Ingredients/Candy Order/Mixed Mode: all levels have the same effect. For every move remaining, a candy at random will become a striped candy, giving an extra 3,000 points for every striped candy. Then they all activate.
The Dreamworld was a new world separated from the main game that contained levels 1 to 665. They were usually exact replicas of the original levels except with more blockers introduced earlier and were more common on the board.
Check out Dreamworld levels for more specific information.
There are some levels which are milestone levels for a certain level type.
- For the moves levels,
- For the jelly levels,
- The 100th jelly level is level 231.
- The 200th jelly level is level 466.
- The 300th jelly level is level 675.
- The 400th jelly level is level 898.
- The 500th jelly level is level 1087.
- The 600th jelly level is level 1267.
- The 700th jelly level is level 1482.
- The 800th jelly level is level 1853.
- The 900th jelly level is level 2376.
- The 1,000th jelly level is level 2575.
- The 1,100th jelly level is level 2871.
- The 1,200th jelly level is level 3167.
- The 1,300th jelly level is level 3486.
- For the ingredients levels,
- The 100th ingredient drop level is level 413.
- The 200th ingredient drop level is level 743.
- The 300th ingredient drop level is level 1110.
- The 400th ingredient drop level is level 1456.
- The 500th ingredient drop level is level 2043.
- The 600th ingredient drop level is level 2787.
- The 700th ingredient drop level is level 3354.
- For the candy order levels,
- For the mixed mode levels,
- Many people considered jelly levels the hardest level type before mixed levels were introduced.
- Timed levels were the only levels in which you were not pressured by the amount of moves you had left. However, you had to make quick decisions in order to earn three stars.
- Level 100, 300, 800, 1100, 1500, 1800, 2300, 2700, 2900, 3200 and 3500 are jelly levels. Level 200, 500, 600, 700, 1300, 1400, 1600, 2500, 2800, 3100 and 3400 are ingredients levels. 400, 900, 1000, 1200, 1900, 2000, 2400, 2600 and 3000 are candy order levels. Level 1700, 2200 and 3300 are mixed levels. Level 2100 is a moves level.
- The most hated level type is jelly level. Jelly levels are hated in many ways and is the reason this game is hard. They are also very common.
- The episode with the least Jelly levels in Reality is Wafer Wharf (episode 10) with only two. The most are Easter Bunny Hills (episode 6), Sticky Savannah (episode 37), and Nougat Noir (episode 57), with 9, and Truffle Terrace (episode 59), with 10 and Minty Meadow (Episode 64) with 12.
- The episode with the most Candy Order levels in Reality is Wafer Wharf with 10. In Dreamworld, it is Sparkle Submarino with 11.
- Level 295 and 327 have exactly the same layout with the only difference being the number of jellies. This has happened two other times in the 600s, but each has resulted in the higher level of the pair being replaced with a different type. Before this, no levels had been redesigned to a different type.
- Level 65 became so famous once that several other levels based on level 65 are created, including 320 and 430.
- Pre-nerf level 350, 440, 530, and 1520 are excruciating jelly levels that are world finales.
- All the level numbers ending in 65 except 665 are hard or very hard. Level 65 used to be the most hated level ever, level 165 used to be a very hard candy order level, level 265 is a hard jelly level, level 365 is a very hard candy order level, level 465 is a hard ingredients level, level 565 is a very hard jelly level, and level 765 is a very hard jelly level. However, this trend was broken when level 865 was released.
- Most world finales are jelly levels.
- Levels contains the #'s 1, 4, 7 have a pattern in which they form a hard level. Level 147, Pre-nerf level 417, and 471 are all hard levels.
- Levels in the iOS version are marked by a bubble looking element. Once the bubbles were opaque, but after the Meringue Moor update in late January 2014, the bubbles became translucent and more colourful.
- Levels ending in 47 (x47) are usually somewhat hard or harder.
- Level 147 is an extremely hard jelly level.
- Level 347 is, once again, an extremely hard candy order level with a high amount of orders.
- Level 447 is a hard jelly level where mystery candies can be quite troublesome.
- Level 547 is a very hard jelly level due to the awkward layout.
- Level 647 is a hard candy order level with a complex order.
- Level 747 used to be an extremely hard jelly level due to six colours, chocolate spawners, liquorice swirls, and gaps in the board.
- Level 847 is a somewhat hard level due to the board layout and six colours.
- Level 1147 is a hard ingredient level.
- Level 1247 is an extremely hard ingredient level.
- Level 1347 is a hard ingredient level due to the huge amount of five-layered icings and popcorns.
- Level 1447 is a hard candy order level due to the blocker orders are hard to reach.
- Level 1547 is an another hard candy order level due to the icing required located in opposite are of board.
- Level 1647 is a very hard ingredient level due to limited moves and ingredient path can be blocked by chocolate from chocolate spawners.
- Level 1747 used to be very hard, but was nerfed to Medium.
- Level 1847 is a very hard mixed mode level due to high amount of blockers protecting a candy frog needed to pass this level and few moves.
- Level 1947 is a hard moves level due to the very high target score.
- Level 2047 is an extremely hard mixed level due to the five layered icing blocking the hard to reach ingredient path and jellies inside them, and very few moves limit (30).
- Level 2147 is an extremely hard jelly level due to the isolated jellies protected by popcorns and many blockers on main board covering a candy frog essential to the level.
- Level 2247 is a very hard jelly level due to limited amount of moves, small board and many blockers covering the jellies.
- Level 2347 is an extremely hard candy order level due to very difficult orders.
- Level 2447 is an extremely hard mixed level due to the large amount of jellies and ingredients path located on unrreachable part of the board and sachets covering them.
- Level 2547 is a hard ingredient level due to limited moves to deal with many blockers.
- Level 2647 is a very hard jelly level due to limited moves and a restricted board.
- Level 2747 is a somewhat hard mixed level due to the amount of blockers.
- Level 2947 is a hard candy order level due to the amount of blockers.
- Episodes whose names start with S usually tend to be quite hard. Sweet Surprise, Soda Swamp, Sugary Shire, and Sour Salon are all hard-very hard episodes.
- Levels 212, 312, 412, 512, 712, 1212, and 1412 are all candy order levels. However, level 612 is a moves level, level 112, 812, 1112, and 1312 are ingredients levels, level 912 and 1012 are jelly levels.
- Level 87, 187, 287, 387, 487, 587, 987, 1487, 1587, and 1687 are all ingredients levels. However, Level 687, 787, 887, 1087, 1287, 1787, and 1887 are jelly levels, Level 1187 and 2087 are candy order levels, and level 1987 is a mixed level breaking the trend in which levels ending in x87 are ingredients levels.
- Levels 31, 587, 621, 1020, 1108, 2003, 2115, 2117, 2245, 2437 and 2439 are the only ones in the first 2500 levels to have 3 colours. They become more common after that.
- Currently, the most anticipated level is level 666, the number of the Devil. It is the opener of episode 46, Crunchy Courtyard, which was released on September 3, 2014.
- Most people thought the level would be the hardest level in the game. However, when it was released, it was somewhat easy.
- This level was originally supposed to be introduced in Dreamworld, but it was not released because Dreamworld ended at level 665.
- The x01, x83, and x97 series are the only series to contain all level types:
- Levels 1, 701 and 1501 are moves, levels 201, 401, 501, 801, 1101, and 1701 are jelly, levels 101, 601, and 1001 are ingredients, levels 301, 901, 1201, 1301, 1401, 1601, 2001, and 2101 are candy order, and level 1801 and 1901 are mixed. So, all levels that end in 01 have all five level types in the game.
- Levels 83, 183, 483, 1083, and 1183 are jelly levels, levels 283 and 683 are moves levels, levels 383, 1283, and 1383 are ingredients levels, levels 583, 783, 883, and 1483 are candy order levels, level 983 is a moves level. Hence, all levels that end in 83 have all five level types in the game.
- Level 97 and 297 are moves levels, levels 197, 597, 697, 797, 997, 1297, 1397, and 1497 are jelly levels, levels 897, 1097, and 1197 are ingredients levels, levels 397 and 497 are candy order levels. Therefore, all levels that end in 97 have all five level types in the game, too.
- Levels 50, 150, 250, 350, 450, 550, 750, 850, 950, 1050, 1150, and 1350 are jelly levels. However, when level 650, 1250 and 1450 came out, they broke the x50 series.
- Levels that end in 99 trend to be hard difficulty or higher. However, there are some exceptions of that. Level 99 is somewhat hard, 199 is very hard, 399 is hard, 499 is again hard, 599 is somewhat hard, 699 is very hard, 999 is hard, and it ends at 1199 which is very hard.
- As of Taffy Treetops, each of the five level types has at least 100 levels.
- Level 2825 is the final level on Flash version completely.