| This level has been recently redesigned
A recent change was made to this level. A new difficulty is yet to be decided.
| This level has been recently nerfed
A recent change was made to this level to make it easier, causing the information to undergo a major change. A new difficulty is yet to be decided.
|Target score||: 80,000 pts|
|Colours|| 5 |
Level 97 is the second level in Salty Canyon and the 9th moves level. To pass this level, you must score at least 80,000 points in 33 moves. When you complete the level, Sugar Crush is activated and will score you additional points.
- It is very hard to prevent candy bombs from detonating, as you only have 10 moves to clear each bomb.
- It can be pretty hard to reach the target score, as 80,000 points in 33 moves means that you need to get an average of 2,500 points per move.
- The awkward bomb shape and small size of the board prevent special candies from being created, even with one less candy colour.
- Using a colour bomb to destroy any candy bombs is pretty much an instant win, because colour bombs boost your score by a lot.
- Five colours makes it easier to create special candies to clear candy bombs and score more points.
- The player is required to earn at least 2,500 points per move.
- Keep the bombs from detonating. Remember, bombs usually appear after you demolish the previous bomb.
- To instantly get the required score quickly, switch a colour bomb with a candy that is the same colour as a candy bomb, or use a colour bomb with a wrapped candy, which will also give a very high score.
- If you meet the target score before the end of the level, you can still lose a life if a bomb explodes, so just focus on the remaining bombs. Remember, a bomb does not hurt you if its number is above or equal to the number of moves left.
Earning More StarsEdit
- The presence of five colours makes it easy to create special candies.
- The player is required to earn at least 4,600 points per move. for two stars and at least 4,800 points per move. for three stars.
- Since there are no blockers, the amount of points earned from special candy combinations are not reduced.
- The use of colour bomb + candy bomb combinations will give more than enough points for three stars once the amount of points required for one star is achieved.
- This level is intended to show that candy bombs will further limit the number of moves available unless cleared.
- This level celebrated the candy bombs' release in this episode by being shaped like a candy bomb.
- The bomb cooler booster is announced and three of them will be awarded free on the web version.
- This level used to be rated very hard in the beta version. Most runs would not meet the target score, as it was very hard to score at least 4,000 points per move without clearing at least one candy bomb.
- Even worse happened on mobile. Combining colour bomb + candy bomb would not reward the player with a massive score bonus as well as candies matching before settling completely. However, it is no longer that way on mobile.
- This is one of the few levels to receive a significant difficulty change without a single nerf.
- This is one of the few levels to make a cameo in a Candy Crush Saga television advertisement. The other levels are 33, 50, 70, 147, 181, 290, 350, 361, and 461. Most of these levels were rated hard or harder.
- This level spawns sugar drops, when that feature is active.
- Cyan line(s) show where the candies and candy bombs spawn.
|Element Spawn Notes|