There are currently six level types throughout the whole game. Each type of level has a unique and different objective. All levels are marked with a colour based on their objectives.
Level types and propertiesEdit
|Moves||The first level type introduced, at Level 1. The first five moves levels are tutorial levels. These levels are marked orange.|
In these levels, the objective is to reach the amount of given points to progress.
|Jelly||Here, these levels appear early at Level 6.|
The only way to pass these is to clear the amount of jelly in a certain number of moves needed to pass. The only jelly types are single jelly and double jelly.
|Ingredients||These levels appear at the opening of the second episode, Level 11.|
They are marked green. To pass, the player has to get the amount of ingredients in a number of moves.
|Timed||These levels make their first appearance on Level 20.|
They are marked purple. The only way to pass is to collect a number of points in the given amount of time.
|Candy Order||These levels don't appear until Level 126.|
They are marked pink. To progress, the player has to collect an amount of certain types of candy, and/or make a number of combinations.
|Mixed Mode||This level type doesn't appear until Level 1688.|
The goal of this level type is combining other two level types' goals. If the level requires crushing jelly and collect ingredients, the player has to do all two of them to complete the level.
Currently, all mixed levels are jelly-ingredients levels. There are 8 possible mixed levels combining jelly, ingredients, and order levels. There are also 8 more which are timed versions of them. It is possible that mixed levels may also combined with Moves levels so you must use all your moves to complete this level.
|Jelly Color||Only present once in a mobile-exclusive Cake Climb event.|
The goal of this level was to turn all the red jellies green. Colored jellies were permanent throughout the level. Unlike regular jelly when hit, colored jelly turned from red to green, and back from green to red. Because green jelly can turn back to red, these levels were much harder than regular Jelly levels.
It is unknown when Jelly Color levels will be officially released. It is possible that the developers canceled development on these levels due to its potential difficulty.
- Each striped candy created at random during ingredients levels and candy order levels' Sugar Crush will produce 3,000 points. Now it also acts in jelly levels since version 1.60.0 of mobile.
- Jelly levels are the most dominant levels, making up 46% of all levels, whereas Moves levels are the least dominant, making up only 2.26% of all levels.
- Jelly levels are voted the hardest type of all, even the hardest level throughout the whole game (pre nerfed level 350 and 461) is a jelly level.
- Timed levels on the other hand, are considered the easiest, due to the fact that the player has unlimited moves, and that for a long time, no time levels are any harder than Very Hard. However, they tend to be the hardest to earn three stars (level 1237 is the hardest level in Reality to earn three stars. This is followed by levels 297 and 1198).
- The most recently released Timed levels are extremely hard to even earn one star.
- There are 4 episodes that consist of only 2 level types. They are Candy Town, Sleepy Slopes, Twilight Egg, and Minty Meadow (Episode 64).
- For the first time, the 117th episode, Sprinkle Sea, has all six level types.
Easiest level typeEdit
Hardest level typeEdit
|Candy Crush Saga level types|