A Wrapped Candy is one of the main special candies in Candy Crush Saga. It is a regular candy in a similar coloured wrapper. They are formed by 5 candies of the same colour in an L, T or a plus shape. When formed they award 200 points and 540 points (on mobile devices, 480 points on Facebook) when activated.
When it is activated, it explodes and 8 surrounding candies (3x3 board space) are cleared. Then the candy that exploded will flash and wait until all candies are fully dropped and will explode a second time. This is why Wrapped Candies destroy more candies than a Striped Candy, but it doesn't have a long range.
On web version, if after the first explosion there is a candy match that is linked to the same colour as the wrapped candy, the match will work (even make special candies if it's longer than 3) and destroy the other candies first. Then it will finally explode the second time. This creates more candy destruction.
Combinations with Special CandiesEdit
|WRAPPED CANDY||OTHER SPECIAL CANDY||EFFECT|
|Wrapped Candy||Striped Candy||A giant striped candy that takes up a 3x3 area clears all candies vertically and horizontally.|
|Wrapped Candy||Wrapped Candy||Both wrapped candies will go off twice as usual, except that the blast range becomes 5x5 for both.|
|Wrapped Candy||Colour Bomb||First, the Wrapped Candy will go off like a regular Colour Bomb and destroy every candy of the colour the wrapped candy was, leaving a flashing Colour Bomb. Then, if the flashing Colour Bomb is not triggered by something else, it will go off and destroy the most abundant candy colour.|
|Wrapped Candy||Jelly Fish||This creates three wrapped jelly fish which convert any eaten candy into wrapped candies and activates them.|
|Wrapped Candy||Coconut Wheel||The coconut wheel follows the full path vertically or horizontally, depending on the way you switched it, and will convert the whole row/column into wrapped candies which then activate.|
- When you make a combination "wrapped candy-striped candy", the first candy you swipe becomes the giant candy.
- However, if one of them is a Candy Frog, the frog will always become a giant "frog candy".
- It is very rare to create a wrapped candy from a (+) shape, though it is impossible to intentionally, as in from 1 switch without any other candies being affected, form a Wrapped Candy from a plus (+) shape. However, it is possible to strategically create them, as shown on the picture on the right.
- When a single wrapped candy is activated, it will always give 540 points regardless of where it is detonated (unless there are Candy Bombs in blast radius). However, the number of points given for wrapped candy + wrapped candy combination varies on the location where the combination takes place.
- When combined with a Striped Candy, all the candies except the selected candies that are used will in some ways activate. In the past, there was a slight glitch on Facebook where other Wrapped or Striped Candies within the vicinity will be wasted and not activated. As of May 2014 (or late April perhaps), all special candies will activate.
- Wrapped candies can be made (and then detonated) at random by activating a UFO.
- In timed levels, Extra Time Candies will turn into Wrapped Candies during Sugar Crush.
- On web version, by making a wrapped + wrapped combo, they will cause great blasts, pushing other candies far back on the board with a loud noise. This does not happen on mobile where they use same blast sound as for standard wrapped candies.
- However, this combo is glitchy on web version as it tends to "push" objects off the border such as sugar keys and ingredients.
- If a cascade chain is too long, a wrapped candy already exploded once will explode again after 5 cascades in a single chain. This also applies to the flashing colour bomb in a colour bomb + wrapped candy combo. This is easily spotted in any open board with 4 colours (including moon struck).
- A wrapped candy already exploded once will not be removed by other effects. However, the flashing colour bomb from colour + wrapped combo may be detonated earlier.